Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Too excited!


I can't sleep. I haven't been up much past 10:30pm for weeks...but it's almost 11:30pm now and I'm not tired. At all.

There are many reasons for this. First and most superficially, the above picture was taken last Sunday at the Seattle Comicon. I am in love with Karl "Helo" Agathon from BSG (Battlestar Galactica, for those uncool enough not to know) and getting to meet his actor counterpart, Tahmoh Penikett, was kind of overwhelming. I mean...celebrity crushes are supposed to be your own dirty secrets, right? You're not supposed to actually meet the person. When I first saw him in the convention hall, I turned bright red and dragged my poor boyfriend halfway across the floor before I could stop giggling long enough to breathe. It's like...like having a hot and heavy affair with someone and then, years later, running in to their identical twin. All those dirty thoughts are going to rush unbidden to your mind, superimposed on this person who wasn't actually involved. Or...it's just more like being 13 all over again.

Other, better reasons for sleeplessness:
1) I've had bunches of job interviews lately! No job yet, but an increase in opportunity increases my odds of getting hired, right? I mean...the market is obviously depleted of the best local candidates and employers are starting to sweep the benches for second-stringers. ... Kidding. Kinda. Not really.
2) Moving! House in Ballard! Nice neighborhood! A room just for MEEEEE! Within walking distance of Golden Gardens (the most California anywhere in Seattle!), downtown Ballard, a bakery. Oh...it will be great.
3) Website is up! So, get your fingers and eyes in gear and go to http://www.mledraws.com! (isn't it funny how I write that like anyone besides myself and my boyfriend reads this? Just in case, I guess)
4) ...some other good reason! Yeah!

My plan tonight is to just mess around on the computer until my butt falls asleep, crawl back in to bed and hope the rest of me follows suit.

And I will dream of hot men in futuristic flight suits (or out of them).

No comments: